Friday, September 11, 2009

Friends @ Haji Lane

.
.
.
It's official!

shoedeedoo's creations are now on display and for sale at Friends @ Haji Lane.

It's a delightful shop! With much good finds, good gift ideas and simply downright gorgeous stuff. The shop owners Stella is friendly, helpful and has a passion for all things handmade. The shop is filled with good finds and "loves" but as I always try to keep a tight rein on my finances I've yet to really buy anything. Yes, yet. lol.

Among some of the 'lovelies' they have there are:

1) Hand made accessories. The cutesy type - think sweet icing sugar-ed earrings and necklaces ;) to cute cartoon-y ones. The vintage type - think old school lock and keys which we almost never find now. The mod funky type - think gorgeous shiny handmade rings made with crystals and bronze wires for the rustic touch.

2) PICOBABY! - gorgeous robot accessories that are made of electronic components. I kid you not. Gorgeous, cute, simply delightful. I swear having one of those around your neck just perks you up. (Yes, lol, this is the exact thing I'm eyeing!). Visit Friends to find out more about the history/background of these delectable items - it's quite meaningful if I remember right, these babies are made by former-ly jobless women and each robot is unique and different :D. In this world of mass production, isn't it great we can still find treasures like this?

3) Musical box thingamajigees - you know, you know, the mechanic contraption that are in musical boxes. Not the modern automatic digital sounding stuff. No, no, no. This is the one you manually rotate a lil lever to see how the metal bits hit each other to play you a gorgeous song. It's a really sweet present. And, it actually can be pretty funny too cos you can vary the speed of your rotation to get a funny mix. lol. Ok, yes, I'm quite weird and find silly things amusing.

4) Tea Bags! - Tea bags? You say. What's so great about that? Ah, this ain't your ordinary tea bag! These are teabags with funky messages on each teabag. A really cute concept and I think a meaningful, sweet personalised (well, rather anyway ;P) gift for someone who might potentially be going through a rough patch. The packs are themed and have appropriate messages. Ranging from Birthday Packs to Get-Well-Soon Packs.

and,

5) SHOES! - My shoes. Go visit and support me. Please? *bambi eyes* lol. There are other shoes too. But let's not get distracted. Focus now, focus. SHOEDEEDOO's shoes ^_^. Lol. Kidding. At the moment, I'm their only shoe 'artist' (if I dare call myself that. With quotation marks k. So don't send me hate mail to tell me I'm not :P) but they told me that there will be another one soon (: So do go and take a look. And this time since shoedeedoo has *landed* it will be easier for you to try on the shoes to get the right sizes... and if you are anything like me, you prefer shopping in a shop rather than online - that was you get to use more of your senses while choosing your shoe (: . Btw, they also have shoes (commercial) brought in from Korea (:

Yes, so do visit the quaint shop with its varried array of delightfuls.

Previews of my works that are to be put up there will be posted on this webbie. And I'll try to post the pictures here before I bring the shoes to Friends @ Haji Lane. That way you can have a look at what's gonna be there before you drop by the shop (:

1 comment: